…If your are Representing a Product, App, or Resource please head over here.
The number of Christian men and women that are writing and publishing books has gone through the cyber ceiling! (Yes, Men, You can submit too. Here’s why you should.) I have noticed that there are many who use known Publishing companies but are not getting the marketing support they had hoped for.
Self Publishing is the way to go for so many, but choosing that route often leaves you with the task of self marketing your new “baby”.
That’s where The CWA Review Crew comes in.
You’ve overcome a tremendous hurdle.
You’ve achieved a paramount goal.
You took the steps and put in the time and effort to create a book that expresses your heart in every way, now you just need it to be received by the general public. Suddenly, it seems the hard part is just beginning.
We understand that there are loads of talented Christian authors and creators who have an amazing gift but lack the exposure to shine in an overcrowded market. CWA wants to partner with these hidden gems. Are you one?
Placing your book out there for review is a huge step, especially if you’re talking about a grass roots self-published novel that took your life savings to put out there. Yup, I know. I’ve been there.
It’s for this very reason that we are taking every precaution to insure that you have a review that is perfectly suited for you.
CWA reviewers are:
- Screened prior to acceptance. This insures that your reviewers are active. Our ladies have been chosen based on their presence online via their personal blogs, business or ministry sites, and social media connections. They each have a following, a loyal group of people who trust them and value their opinion.
- Interested in the topic that your book or product tackles. No one wants to waste anyone’s time here. Authors and reviewers will be matched according to interest which provides relevant reviews and promotes excitement for the review. Reviewers are never forced to review a product that doesn’t interest them. For this reason, some crews are built slower than others in order to build interest and accommodate the needs of those interested reviewers.
- Versed in the importance of SEO. The CWA Review Crew knows that you value this boost in marketing. Every review will feature the title of the product in the Title of the review.
- Highly connected. The women at CWA are active on FB, Twitter, Linked In, Google+, and connect through blogs and everyday real life connections. They are influential women with a strong voice and the positive impact you need to spread the news about your book or product far and wide.
Links: CWA Review Crew Overview / The Process for Reviewing for the CWA Review Crew
Now does that mean they are going to throw a party in honor of you and scream it from the roof tops that your book is the best ever written? Well, probably not. However if it’s that good, they just might. We do have some pretty fun ladies here.
What you can (and should) expect is a fair and honest review of your work. If they love it, they won’t just be so flat and biased. They will tell their readers why it resonated with them, what made it so great and why others should purchase it too. This provides invaluable information to you as an author.
What if it isn’t their style? Well it can happen right? Everyone’s taste is different. I mean I hate catsup but some crazy people think it tastes great on eggs. What works for some people might not work for everyone. If your product isn’t a hit with a reviewer, you can still expect a review that shows respect for you as a creator.
CWA Reviewers will not ever slander you, degrade your talent or deface your message. If you’ve ever read a negative review before then you know what a gift that is. Here at CWA, you will find integrity in every review. When a product doesn’t work for them, they will consider why and try to identify a better audience for the product to their readers.
In case all of this isn’t enough each Product reviewed by our CWA Review Crew will have its own page here on the network. Reviewers will provide a link to their posts upon review so the product page will fill up like a virtual billboard of opinions.
This is incredible. Think of the promotional benefits of this exposure as reviewer after reviewer reports on the benefits of your product or the eloquence of your written words.
Then see what can happen when that message gets tweeted, shared on FB, in churches and beyond. Wow! The possibilities are endless.
Alright . . . so you’re interested now right? Great! Let’s get this show on the road.
Here’s what we need from you:
- You must agree to provide one copy (in any format . . . I’m not picky) to me prior to approval. This allows me to review your content, verify that it is in line with our beliefs and make certain that it’s a good fit for the CWA Review Crew. You can email a digital copy to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) after you submit your application or contact me for my mailing address.
- You must agree to be responsible for shipping. The CWA Review Crew does not ship out any products. The product will come from you or your representative. We will provide shipping addresses.
- If it is an eBook or product which can be sent through email you must agree to send a copy to us to send out to the reviewers. CWA will email out the product.
- We (CWA/ Christian Women Affiliate) will not release our members email address to any representative.
- You (or your representative) are not to contact any reviewers directly. If you have a question or issue regarding a review, you agree to let CWA deal with reviewers directly.
- You agree that your product is intended for the Christian/ Family friendly market and will not be deemed purposefully offensive to those beliefs.
- You agree to provide X number of products for review. (to be agreed upon there is a base amount to make it worth our time)
- Completion of the Author/Representative Application.
- Payment is determined based on the number of Reviewers you want your Product in front of. You are NOT paying for a Review. You are paying for the Resources of Christian Women Affiliate. The time we invest in coordinating, scheduling, etc.
- 50% due at time of Acceptance into the Review Program
- 50% due at the time when your crew is full and your minimum number of requested reviews have been posted.
- 50% due at time of Acceptance into the Review Program
31-50 Reviewers $140.00
76-100 Reviewers $250.00
Over 100 Reviewers ~~~TBD
Does the price concern you? Occasionally an author contacts me with concerns that this is a paid review service. It is not.
Many people in the publishing industry are aware of Amazon’s increasing pressure on writers to avoid paid reviews.
As a reader who often checks reviews before making a purchase, I am thankful that Amazon is taking these measures and not at all concerned about their impact on The CWA Review Crew.
Have you ever read a review that is just disgustingly biased? I have and they smell fishy. It’s easy to spot a false or insincere review. Reviews like that are usually bought and paid for. They lack any element of trust.
I want to be really clear that The CWA Review Crew is not a paid review service. This is stated and explained though out this site many times.
Here’s the scoop: Payments made via this service cover the work involved in managing each crew. This is why prices go up with the crew size. More ladies equals more for me to organize and manage. It also compensates me for the time I invest building public pages, checking and listing reviews and utilizing the huge scope of the CWA platform. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes. A lot.
Know for certain that all reviewers are encouraged to express their personal views fairly and honestly.
Integrity is important, not just to me, but to every member of the CWA Review Crew. These ladies work diligently to build trust among their readers. More importantly, as Christian women, they strive to reflect Christ through their actions. You can always count on them to tell the truth about the products they receive.
Feel better? Good.
Moving on . . .
Upon Acceptance of your Application, we will email you with information we will need at that time. So we can get everything in our Private Group to build Your Personal Crew.
Here is what you can expect to receive:
- Your very own page at CWA packed full of links to reviews of your product each 200-600 words in length. The page will also include basic information about your book as seen in a description on your site or store. It will include images of the product and the author along with an author bio. If you have a book trailer I will list it on this page as well.
- Multiple tweets, FB posts, and various social sharing about your book or product using the tag #cwareviewcrew by our CWA Review Team and CWAtweets account.
3. If you have a special time frame you need to work with, please notify me of that date in your application. If I do not feel I can meet your time frame I will notify you upfront. Since crews are built on interest and reviewers are generally not all requesting a book at the same time, your reviews may be scattered. Reviews are always due within 3 weeks of receipt. Whenever possible, I will arrange for all your reviews to be posted on the same day to heighten the SEO rating and maximize the impact of our efforts for you. This works best with titles that are high interest with our demographic. This is not something I can promise or guarantee, but something I work towards. If you have any questions regarding the time frame of your review please ask.
4. Each reviewer will also be posting at Amazon, ChristianBook.com or Barnes and Noble to further promote your title. There are two exceptions to this rule. Two of the CWA Reviewers do not purchase items online and cannot build a profile on Amazon or Barnes and Noble without a purchase. Should these two reviewers request your title they are unable to post on Amazon, but they will work to promote your book through other social media channels and extensive word of mouth.
It sounds almost too good to be true doesn’t it?
Take a deep breath. Pinch yourself. It’s real.
We want to see under-represented, high-quality, resources succeed.
We truly look forward to partnering with you. We trust that, through the voice and influence of the CWA Review Crew, you will be seeing your work achieve the credibility and exposure that it deserves while reaching the potential that God desires.
Questions? Please email Direct to: RCsubmission@ChristianWomenAffiliate.com